Antenna & Radome Research Associates Corp.
ARRA.COM PRIVACY NOTICE
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you when you: use or visit our website, place a merchandise order with us or purchase merchandise from us, register for an account with us, update or add information to your account, provide us information on a web form (together, our “Services”) or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this personal information, such as a way to identify you, is necessary to enter into our User Agreement. Providing all other personal information is voluntary but may be necessary in order to use our services, such as information needed to conclude an ordering or purchasing merchandise transaction.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, company name, address, telephone number(s) or email address when you register for an account with us.
- Ordering or purchasing information you provide during a transaction, or that is connected with your account as a result of a merchandise transaction.
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction.
- Postage, billing and other transaction information and, for international orders, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in social media discussions, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services
- We collect information about your interaction with us and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our website, any referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history and your web log information.
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Service providers are companies that help us with various aspects of our business, such as website operations, services, applications, advertisements and tools. We use some authorized service providers to help us to serve you relevant ads on our services and other places on the internet. These service providers may also place cookies on your device (third party cookies). They may also collect information that helps them identify your device, such as IP-address, or other unique or device identifiers.
Personal information collected from other sources
- We supplement the personal information we collect directly with information collected from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic and other information that is publicly available in an applicable jurisdiction, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable laws.
- Social Media. We allow you to share information with social media websites or connect your account with the respective social media website. Those social media websites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by those websites about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any website with video content, then you agree that we can share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media websites until you withdraw authorization or disconnect your account from the social media website. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media website and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media website about you. By associating an account managed by a social media website with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media websites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media websites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection between your account with us that respective social media website.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
How we use your personal information
- We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
- We use your personal information to fulfil a contract with you and provide you with our Services and to comply with our legal obligations. This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Services, keep our Services safe, secure and operational, and customize website content that includes Services in response to actions that you take.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you with customer service.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail and via mobile push notifications.
- When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as authorized by applicable law. Message and data rates may apply.
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To enforce our User Agreement, this privacy notice, or other policies.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. This includes to:
- Improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your advertising preferences.
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Services, as authorized by applicable law.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates).
- Monitor and improve the information security of our website.
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, SMS/text.
- Provide you with marketing from third parties.
- Use your precise geo-location to provide location-based services.
- Use your sensitive personal information to facilitate transactions with you.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Your choices about how we use your personal information
You can control your email communication preferences settings on the website. [You can also control which newsletters and promotions you want to receive.]
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in an email you received, change your communication preference settings, indicate your communication preferences using the method described within the direct communication from us or contact us as described in the Contact Us link on the website. We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, or as described in Cookies and Similar Technologies. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of personal information as otherwise described in this privacy notice. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our website for their own advertising purposes, without your consent.
Ways you can access, control and correct your personal information
Access, correction and deletion of your personal information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing in to your account. Please, update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
We will honor any applicable statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees, if any, may apply, if permitted by applicable laws, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us link on the website. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable laws.
If you request that we stop processing some or all of your personal information or you withdraw (where applicable) your consent for our use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this privacy notice, we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this privacy notice and our User Agreement.
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable laws.
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
- Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support)
- Help detect, investigate, mitigate and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, and data security breaches
- Provide you personalized advertising
- Improve their products, sites, applications, services, tools and marketing communications.
- Others may use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them or if otherwise permitted by the law.
Service Providers as follows:
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customized advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, and other business operations.
- Third party postage providers (e.g., DHL, UPS, USPS, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of merchandise purchased and other delivery related communications.
- Third party providers of websites, applications, services and tools that we cooperate with. If we transfer personal information along with the content of your listings to third party providers, this will be solely on the basis of an agreement limiting use by the third party provider of such personal information to processing necessary to fulfil their contract with us and obligating the third party provider to take security measures with regard to such data. Third party providers are not permitted to sell, lease or in any other way transfer the personal information included in your listings to third parties.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings and as authorized by law
- To comply with our legal requirements or protect anyone's rights, property or safety.
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and your user history.
- To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file).
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Change of Ownership
If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this privacy notice with respect to your personal information. If we intend to handle your personal information for any purposes not covered in this privacy notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
How long we keep your personal information
How long we retain personal information can vary significantly based on context of the Services we provide and on our legal obligations. The following factors typically influence retention periods:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide our Services? We generally maintain personal information for one year. This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our products, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
- Sensitive personal information.We maintain sensitive personal information for a shortened retention time. However, if you have provided consent for a longer retention period, then we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Legal, contractual, or similar obligations to retain your personal information.For example, we will comply with mandatory data retention laws in an applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or retain personal information for litigation purposes.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
Data Controllers and Data Protection Officers
You are contracting with Antenna & Radome Research Associates Corp.
The company you are contracting with is your data controller, and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our privacy standards, this privacy notice, as well as any applicable national laws.
We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world where our data centers are located.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
In the event you consider our processing of your personal information not to be compliant with the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint:
- Directly with us as described in this Privacy Notice.
- With the competent data protection authority. The name and contact details of the Data Protection Authorities in the European Union can be found here.
Other important privacy information
Our website is a general audience website and not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users deemed to be children under their respective applicable laws.
Third Party Privacy Practices
This privacy notice addresses only our use and handling of personal information we collect from you in connection with providing you our Services. If you disclose your information to a third party or visit a third-party website via a link from our Services, their privacy notices and practices will apply to any personal information you provide to them or they collect from you. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your personal information once you provide it to a third party.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time we may update this Privacy Notice. When making changes to this Privacy Notice, we will add a new date at the top of this Privacy Notice.